Saturday, September 15, 2018

Cold Coffee/ Iced Coffee (Indian style)




Growing up in India, we didn't have Starbucks or fancy coffee shops. Moreover coffee was always in the shadow as tea was the dominating beverage of the masses. I vividly remember going with my mom-papa to this local ice cream shop and ordering cold coffee, instead of the regular fav ice cream or juice once. It was a big deal. It was thick and came in a tall glass. Even now, I enjoy a glass of homemade cold coffee instead of Frappe or iced coffee sold in the coffee shops as I find those are super sweet and the ones I make at home, I can control the sweetness. Here is my version of the delightful chilled nirvana.


Serving Size: one 


Ingredients:
1 cup: Milk (choose 2% or full fat, since it's less watery)
1-2 scoops: Vanilla ice cream
1/2 -1 tbsp: Nescafe instant coffee
3-4 ice-cubes
1-1.5 tsp: Sugar (optional, add if you like your beverage on the sweeter side)
Whipped cream: optional

Directions: 

Put all the ingredients except whipped cream in a blender. Blend until it's smooth.
 Pour it in a glass, if you like put a dollop of whipped cream. Enjoy instantly the yummy frothy cold coffee.


Coffee bytes: We all know blood runs in our veins and keeps us alive, but it's coffee which keeps us sane. 



No comments:

Post a Comment